One Ring - LOTR

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Chamber of Mazarbul

Lately I've been questing in Moria on my LM (Takakishi) because I'm taking a break from my MIN (Thurineth) and also because if I ever do go AFK unexpectedly I know I have a pet that can protect me from the various enemies in Moria. Thank goodness there are not any roving threats in Moria ( ⁰д⁰).
When the Balrog awoke and the goblins from the Misty Mountains rushed into Moria, much of the knowledge from the lore-masters of Khazad-dûm were lost. The Chamber of Mazarbul is to the north of the Twenty-first Hall where records of dwarf-lore were stored.

Later on when Balin of the Lonely Mountain and his company attempted to retake Moria, their home of old, they took shelter in the Chamber of Mazarbul and was also where they made their final stand. The chamber is also where Balin's tomb lies, it was placed so that the light from the shaft in the wall shone directly on it. The Book of Mazarbul is found within the chamber, depicting the last records of him and his company.

Many years later, the Fellowship of the Ring were attacked by a horde of goblins from Moria. Gandalf attempted to place a spell on the door to keep it shut as the others in the Fellowship fled, but the spell was countered and the door was battered down. In the end, the roof and wall of the chamber collapsed and buried Balin's tomb.

No comments:

Post a Comment